- Plan your storage space.
- Place items you need to access in your vehicle first so they will be in the front of your storage unit.
- Allow room to walk between your items.
- Make an inventory of your stored items.
- Use the same size boxes for easy stacking, avoid putting too much in each box.
- List contents of each box and seal the boxes with tap and label them.
- Stack lighter boxed on top.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and stored on top.
- Place 2×4 boards on concrete for air movement around your items.
- Furniture with draws can be filled with dishes or other items.
- Pictures or mirrors should be packed in crates marked fragile and stacked on end.
- Drain all gas from lawn mowers, snow blowers, autos, boats, etc.
- Place frequently used items near the door.
- Move in heavy, bulky items first.
- Don’t store anything flammable or combustible, like gasoline, oil, cleaning fluids, paint or paint thinner.
- Don’t store food.
Keep your mattress and box spring free from dust, insects, rodents and moisture by sealing them in a mattress bag. We sell many types and sizes for your convenience.
We always advise checking with your device manufacturer recommendations prior to storing your electronic devices. Always allow your device a minimum of 24 hours to climatize prior to use after moving from storage.
With specially designed plastic cover, place a pallet or cardboard mat on the floor and stand sofas and matresses on end.